Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Black Bean and Corn (Loaded) Baked Potatoes

Hi again. Last week, for Meatless Monday I made black bean and corn baked potatoes. I added my own rendition of "loaded" to them. They were delicious! My husband and I each had one potato and only ate half... It was awesome as lunch the next day too!


Adapted from MyRecipes.com.


Ingredients:

(Remember - I made this for 2 people... I didn't reduce the "insides," just the number of potatoes. We did have "insides" left and ate in taco form later.)

2 medium Russet potatoes (could use sweet potatoes)
olive oil
salt
1 onion
garlic powder (I forgot to measure! I just shake until it feels right!)
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon chili powder
1 can rinsed black beans
1 cup frozen corn

To top: (optional)
Salsa
Jalapenos
Sour cream/yogurt
Shredded cheese
Cilantro

Directions:

1. Poke potatoes with fork, rub with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and bake at 450 degrees for about an hour. Keep poking with a fork to see if they are soft enough.

2. In a skillet, heat olive oil over medium heat, add onions and cook until clear. About 3-4 minutes.

3. Add garlic, cumin, chili powder, beans and corn. Cook until heated through.

4. When potatoes are ready, cut down the center, but not through the potato. Push ends towards the middle to open the potato up, fluff inside with a fork.

5. Add bean/corn mixture to potato and load it up!

Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment