Friday, April 5, 2013

Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Okay, so this dip is bad. Fattening, full of cream cheese, mayo, cheese, etc. But it is AH-MAZING. I fell in love with this dip at a party and will only make it if we are having people over because I will eat it all.

Originally from Alton Brown - Food Network.

This dip can be served with toasted bread or crackers.. Or on grilled cheese. :)


Hot Spinach and Artichoke Dip

Ingredients:

1 c. chopped spinach (I have used both fresh and frozen)
1 ½ c. artichoke hearts (I usually just use 1-2 cans depending on how I’m feeling)
8 oz. cream cheese (one brick)
¼ c. sour cream
½ c. mayonnaise
1/3 c. Parmesan cheese
½  teaspoon red pepper flakes
¼ teaspoon salt
¼. teaspoon garlic powder

Directions:

Boil spinach and artichoke hearts in one cup of water until tender and drain. Heat cream cheese in microwave for one minute until hot and soft. Stir in the rest of the ingredients and serve hot!

No comments:

Post a Comment