Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Guacamole

Now I was under the impression that I hated guacamole... I'm not that big of a fan of avocados. However, when I tried this recipe that one of my good friends made, I fell in love!

 I have tweaked it a bit and you should too!




Peel and seed avocados. Then mash. This is much easier if you do it before you add anything else! 


I do not measure anything our for this recipe, I just eyeball it. This is how much onion I used.


And how much tomato. 



Eat!


Guacamole*

Ingredients

3 ripe Avocados 
1/4 of an onion
1/2 of a tomato
Lime juice (about 1/2 of a lime per avocado- this is an estimate. Keep tasting until it's right!)
salt and pepper to taste (Do not forget this! I almost always do and you can tell something is missing.)

optional: chopped jalapeno
              cilantro

*This amount of ingredients is based on my taste. If you don't like that much tomato in your guac, reduce it. 

Also, the original recipe called of cilantro. My husband and I have recently decided we do not like cilantro that much and I was sick of buying a whole bundle of it for just a few sprigs, so I just left it out and it tastes fine without it. 

Directions

1. Peel and seed avocados. Mash them up.
2. Add chopped onion, tomato, lime juice, salt and pepper. Stir it up!
3. Taste to make sure you like it - add more salt/pepper/lime juice if necessary.
4. Enjoy!





No comments:

Post a Comment